STF-8300m Driver update?

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Adam Jaffe, May 15, 2015.

1. Adam Jaffe

Adam Jaffe Standard User

My camera recently went to be serviced. It's back and running very well. Thanks Bill!

In the meantime, I had an driver issue with another program and had to do a system rollback. I just noticed that the driver isn't the most recent one and plan on re-installing it.

I have a few questions...

First, do I need to redo my calibration library for a driver update(not a firmware update)?

Also, I'm testing a new USB hub with the STF. It will work for hours, then all of a sudden give an RX timeout error. I'm working my way through the system, and that's when I discovered the driver was old. It seems the recent driver update addressed timeout errors, but I don't see it listed for the STF. Should I update the driver and may it help the timeout error?

Thanks,
    Adam Jaffe

2. Adam Jaffe

Adam Jaffe Standard User

I have done a bit more testing and it seem that this RX error only occurs when using my USB hub. At least so far...

The odd thing is it seems to work for short exposures, but if the ADU levels are higher or saturated, I get the RX error. I can repeat it pretty readily.

This leads me to believe it may have something to do with the SBIG driver. How does the USB hub know the saturation levels of the FITS?

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Hard to say... but I've seen some truly weird stuff with hubs.