Resolved SBIG Seeing Monitor cannot connect (unsigned driver?)

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by sheakev, Mar 28, 2024.

Tags:
  1. sheakev

sheakev Standard User

Hi,

Has anyone had their SBIG Seeing Monitor quit working?

It seems to have quit working due to a error in the SBIG driver (maybe a new Windows rules is blocking this driver - if so others should have experienced this problem). I have the latest SBIG driver* (as well as all Windows software up to date). I have tried to connect with two different computers both of which have worked with this device. I even plugged in write at the SBIG monitor to make certain it wasn't an intermediate issue.

I ran a program which rads USB tree diagnosis, I have attached that file. I also attached the splash banner which shows that the software doesn't find the camera.

In the USB tree file I have highlighted the error message: Problem Code : 52 (CM_PROB_UNSIGNED_DRIVER)

I have also attached the Device Manager's screen citing the same error number "52"

Thanks for any ideas how to solve this problem.

Kevin

Screenshot 2024-03-28 165853.png Screenshot 2024-03-28 171543.png * used the SBIG driver checker utility for checking for latest drivers

Attached Files:

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

What operating system are you running? e.g. Windows 11 Professional 23H2 ? Windows 10 Home 22H2 32-bit? 64-bit?

Some ideas:
    Do you have SBIG Driver Checker 4.05? Run SBIG Driver Checker, and click [About/Help]
    Does the SBIG Driver Checker report sbigudrv.dll 4.9.9.7 or 5.1.1.0?
    Most of the drivers are from 2020; yours is from 2014. So I think you have an old version of the driver checker.
    Get it here:
    https://cdn.diffractionlimited.com/downloads/SetupDriverChecker64.exe
    Then update the drivers.

Verify that it will talk to the camera in the Seeing Monitor.
    Run Driver Checker - go to the Firmware Tab, and try [Get Firmware Version from Camera].
    It will indicate if it was able to talk to the camera or not.

3. sheakev

sheakev Standard User

Colin,
    System is Windows 11 Pro 23H2
    I did have the latest Driver checker
    I wound up uninstalling/deleting all related programs and drivers.
    Then I reloaded, it said there was no driver, I followed your instructions from a related post here and manually selected the newest driver whils in Device Manager.
    I now works!
    Thanks
    Kevin

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Glad to hear it!